Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Ming Tsai's fried rice, and Take One of my show

Ming Tsai's Mandarin fried rice
(adapted)


Ingredients
Canola oil
3 eggs
2 tablespoons minced garlic
2 tablespoons minced ginger
1 bunch chopped scallions, green and white separated
1 lapchang, diced (Chinese sausage), can substitute with 4 strips of cooked bacon (I used 1 1/2 cups left over ham.)
8 cups cooked, day-old long grain rice
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
Salt
Directions
In a wok, add 2 tablespoons of oil and quickly soft-scramble the eggs. Remove the eggs. In the same wok, coat with oil and stir-fry garlic and ginger. Add white scallions and lapchang. Add rice and mix thoroughly. Add soy sauce, white pepper and scrambled eggs. Check for seasoning. Serve immediately.



I used the entire green onion, because it's all good to me.
I also left out the salt and pepper. I feel there's more than enough salt. But this is a taste preference of mine.

Please view my video's and leave me some feed back. I'd love to answer questions or take a challenge of making something tasty from your pantry pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some feedback, good or bad. I would love to hear your pantry trials!